- 18-Feb-2013 to 19-Sep-2013 (CST)
- Robstown, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Retirement
Nueces Electric Cooperative is seeking qualified applicants for the following position:
District Operations Supervisor
Position reports to the Line Superintendent
Salary Range $26.46 - $32.87
• Direct all activities of the district's operations
• Build new services as quickly, safely, and efficiently as possible
• Inspect CWIP or completed work and ensure work is in compliance with established standards, specifications and safety requirements
• Perform field inspection trips, draw staking sheets and prepare reports on pole inspection/replacement program, ensure for daily work is completeness and goal accomplishment
• Coordinate inventory requirements with the main office warehouse
• Review and recommend changes in maintenance and construction procedures, as needed
• Participate in strategic and long range planning and two-year work plans
• Prepare contingency plans for severe weather, in collaboration with the Manager of Operations
• Develop effective plan, utilizing two-man crew for continuing operations and maintenance, including tree trimming and construction
• Develop plans to perform monthly substation reads and inspections, infra-red surveys on the entire district system, and coordinate maintenance and repair follow-up and paperwork
• Other related duties, as assigned
• High School Diploma
• Must possess at least 10 years experience in all facets of line construction, service and maintenance, 3 years with supervisory experience
• Journey Lineman with Department of Labor certification or Journey Lineman, who must obtain NEC Department of Labor Journey Lineman certificate within one year of employment and able to provide verifiable documentation. prior to employment, of the following minimum OJT hours from prior employers:
(1) Overhead Construction: poles and arms (1,050 hours); guys and anchors (218 hours); conductors and insulators (1,356 hours); switches and cutouts (569 hours); transformers, capacitors and regulators (1,422 hours); secondary service conductors/meters (853 hours); and substations (219 hours).
(2) Underground Construction: conductors and insulators (459 hours); switches and cutouts (197 hours); transformers (459 hours); and secondary service conductor/meters (197 hours).
This position is open until filled.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary that depends on experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer